- Approximately five miles north of Moab.
- Drive time approximately three hours
- Highlights include Big Bend Recreation Site, the Priest and Nuns Rocks formations, and the Manti-La Sal National Forest.
This scenic drive begins by paralleling the Colorado River and continues through Castle Valley next to the breathtaking La Sal Mountains.
From Moab head north on US-191 for about 3 miles and then turn right on Scenic Byway 128. At Castle Valley Road, turn right. You'll follow this road until it meets back up with US-191 south of Moab. Once you reach US-191, head north to your destination.
The route is 60 miles and takes approximately three hours.
- The drive begins by paralleling the mighty Colorado River. Arches National Park is located just north of the junction of US-191 and Scenic Byway 128.
- Stop at Big Bend Recreation Site to enjoy the river. Here you can camp and picnic.
- Once entering Castle Valley, you’ll be able to see the Priest and Nuns as well as Castle Rock formations on your left.
- Entering the Manti-La Sal national forest, the scenery will change from Moab’s sandstone to largest pine and aspen trees. In the park you’ll find numerous scenic overlooks, as well as opportunities for camping.