- Approximately 4 miles north of Moab.
- Drive time approximately 1 hour each way.
- Highlights include views of the Colorado River, La Sal Mountains, Fisher Towers, as well as a visit to Moab to Monument Valley Film Commission museum.
The Utah Scenic Byway 128, is the perfect way for the armchair outdoorsman to experience the breathtaking scenery of the Moab area, including views of the Fisher Towers, the Colorado River, and the La Sal Mountains. The entire route is paved and maintained, so year-round access is no problem.
From Moab head north on US-191 for approximately 4 miles where you’ll turn right on UT-128. Follow this road for 44 miles to its terminus with the freeway. Return the way you came.
The route is 44 miles (one way) and takes approximately one hour to drive.
- Begin by enjoying views of the Colorado River.
- Stop at the Big Bend Recreation area for a picnic.
- Enjoy views of the La Sal Mountains
- Enjoy views of the towering Fisher Towers, including the 900 foot monolith dubbed Titan.
- Camping is available at several spots along the route, including Big Bend Recreation Area.
- Explore Negro Bill Canyon on a short hike to Morning Glory Natural Bridge.
- Visit the Moab to Monument Valley Film Commission museum located at mile marker 14.