Trails you can access from Kane Creek Road:
- Moab Rim Trail is a grueling 6.8 one-way or 14.3 loop trail with a steep initial climb, technical ledges, sand bog, and lots of exposure. All being said, the trail is a fun challenge and offers great views of Moab.
- The Pritchett/Hunter Canyon Loop is off to the left just before Kane Creek Road turns to dirt. This trail is an 11.7 mile loop with many technical sections and a variety of surfaces from 4WD track to single track to dry streambeds.
- Amasa Back Trail is an 11.2 mile out-and-back mountain bike trail along 4WD track with technical ledges, slickrock, and some exposure. The turnaround offers breathtaking views over the Colorado River.
- Hurrah Pass is at the end of Kane Creek Road. Ride along this well defined road which parallels Kane Springs Canyon until it climbs up to Hurrah Pass, a 19 mile out-and-back ride from the beginning of Kane Springs Canyon at the cattle guard.
From US 191, turn west onto Kane Creek Road at McDonalds in Moab, Utah. Veer left at the "Y" with 500 West and bike past a few houses and along the Colorado River.
Maps & Tours
- Pick up a detailed map or guide book at the Moab Information Center on the corner of Main and Center Streets.
- If you are new to mountain biking, or to the area, consider Joining a Guided Bike Tour.