- 3 miles (typically 1.5 – 2 hours)
- Easy with over 450 feet elevation gain
- Trailhead: Corona Arch Trailhead located on Potash Road.
Hikers come to the Corona Arch Trail for quick access to one of the most stunning examples of a slick rock arch formation in all of Moab. The arch soars to over 105 feet in height, and covers a span of 140 feet. Along the way to the arch you’ll admire miles of burnt red sandstone and unique wildlife.
From Moab, follow U.S. 191 about 4 miles north to Potash Road. Turn left here, and follow Potash for about 10 miles. You’ll find the Corona Arch Trailhead on the right side of the road.
- Distance: 3 miles round trip.
- Average Time of Hike: Between 1.5 and 2 hours.
- Elevation Gain: About 450 feet, mostly gained on a few short, steep, scrambles.
- Difficulty: Easy.
- Trail Type: Out and Back.
- Trailhead: Begin at the Corona Arch Trailhead located on Potash Road.
Plan & Prepare
Temperatures in Moab can be highly variable, with summertime highs topping out above 100 degrees, and wintertime lows dipping below 30. Make sure you dress appropriately. During the summer, pack plenty of water and sunscreen. During the winter, dressing in layers is your best bet, as you’ll be able to adjust your clothes to suit your comfort level.