- 4 miles (typically 3-4 hours)
- Easy with 240 feet elevation gain.
- Tailhead: Hunters Canyon Trailhead located on Kane Creek Road.
Hikers come to Hunters Canyon trail for a chance to experience a beautiful, free flowing stream (during spring), cottonwood trees, pools, and a large stone arch located about a half mile from the trailhead. Due to its moderate distance and minimal elevation gain, this hike is great for anyone in reasonably good shape.
From Moab head west about 7.5 miles on Kane Creek Road.
- Distance: 4 miles round trip.
- Average Time of Hike: Between 3 – 4 hours.
- Elevation Gain: 240 feet.
- Difficulty: Easy.
- Trail Type: Out and back
- Trailhead: Hunters Canyon Trailhead.
Plan & Prepare
Temperatures in Moab can be highly variable, with summertime highs topping out above 100 degrees, and wintertime lows dipping below 30. Make sure you dress appropriately. During the summer, pack plenty of water and sunscreen. During the winter, dressing in layers is your best bet, as you’ll be able to adjust your clothes to suit your comfort level.
Additionally, this area is often overgrown with poison ivy. Long sleeves and long pants will help protect you. If you do come in contact with the plant, make sure to thoroughly wash the area immediately after contact.